Kate has started playing basketball through the YMCA. I was excited for her to do it because I loved basketball. She started crying when I first asked her if she wanted to play. She was scared, nervous, didn't know how to play and didn't want to be bad. Well, after telling her that's why we "practice" and get better at new things she agreed to let me sign her up. Her friend Alyssa was going to do it too so they are on the same team. Kate didn't want to do it if she didn't have Alyssa or someone that she knew on her team. But of course, now she loves it and has so much fun. And she's excited because they get treats and drinks after games. It's so expensive for things like this over here. I guess I should just be glad we are only having to pay for 1 kid right now, soon it probably will be more! I went to her practice with all the kids last night because Kyle had a work meeting. It was hilarious watching them practice and scrimmage. I need to help Kate with basketball lingo. At one point Kate had the ball passed to her and the coach said, "back out Kate" meaning throw the ball back out, but instead Kate backed up with the ball. Made me laugh, too cute. The coaches were great with them and so encouraging and they are only volunteer coaches! Preston and Lindsey were all over the place so I was glad it only lasted 45 minutes. She has practice once a week and games on Saturday, 6 games total. Should be fun!
Friday, January 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Fabulous Comments:
I cannot wait!!!
I totally don't even know what "back out" means!! hahahaha!!!!!! totally laughing at myself. I need to come learn the lingo too:) I've never been too big into bball...I was more a tennis and soccer girl. I need to learn! :)
Go Kate. She is too cute. I like the last pic of her shooting it up. She has good form!
How fun! I wanted to get Paul and Emma signed up for something during the summer, but it didn't get done. They have been such scaredy cats and uninterested in everything.
Watch out, a mommy/daughter team coming up. For the record, Kat and I will not be challenging you two, haha!
I love when they first get involved. The learning of the lingo and moves can be quite funny.
GO Kate!!
Post a Comment