Happy 9th Birthday Kate!!!
She was super excited to open presents in the morning. She got an art drawing/tracing fashion kit, itunes gift card and then a boombox with kidz pop cd from Dee Ann.
Kate wanted Subway for lunch so we went and ate with her. She also wanted to give out the soft sugar cookies so we brought those to hand out to her class during lunch.
While I was off taking kids to school in the morning, my Mom was driving over here! She came over to surprise Kate and paint her room for her while she was at school. I had found some bedding from Target and got some paint to match the aqua blue color since that's what color Kate wanted. Kate had no idea I bought her bedding so this was all going to be a surprise! Well, the paint I got didn't match once we painted it on the wall and it dried. It matched when it was wet. I had them color match using the bedding. I was bummed. I had to leave to go back to the school to eat lunch with Kate so my Mom went to Lowe's to find a better color of paint. I was picking up Preston when my Mom called asking me if I could come by to see the color she found, but I wasn't close to home so I told her I trusted her and if she thought it matched then go for it. She did. I came home after eating lunch with Kate at school and the color my Mom picked was perfect! It matched so much better and it was exactly what Kate wanted. I was so excited for her. Also, side note, Preston and Lindsey didn't say one thing about Grandma Vicki being here. They were so good about keeping it a surprise. I was shocked. I had to tell them many times not to say anything to Kate when we saw her at lunchtime or after school.
Kate wanted a Frozen birthday party so I made some Olaf goody bags and I found a knock off Elsa pinata at Winco of all places.
My friend, Ashley, had cut out all these snowflakes and made the Olaf drawing for 'pin the carrot nose on Olaf' game for her daughter's birthday party (her daughter is Ellie who was in the co-op preschool with Lindsey). Well, she was just going to throw them away so I asked if I could have them because I knew one of my girls would want a Frozen party. I was so glad she gave them to me. It was fabulous having them. I decorated during naps (well, except Chelsea wouldn't nap today since she got a 10 min nap on the way to pick up Preston from school, grrrr).
My Mom had finished painting in the afternoon and I helped clean up the bedroom before I had to go pick up Kate from school. When we got home my Mom wanted Kate to go upstairs and knock on her bedroom door like Anna does in Frozen and say "wanna build a snowman?" When I told Kate what to do she was confused as to who would be on the other side of her door and why. Once she did it she quickly found out why. It was so cute to see Kate's reaction and expressions after seeing her room all painted and new. She hugged my Mom and then jumped up into my Mom's arms. It was adorable. Tears were shed by both of them. Kate loves her new room even more know!
L-R: front row- Alyssa (friend), Severa (school friend), Kate, Lee Ann (neighbor), Amelia (church friend) and Kate (neighbor)
L-R: back row- Catherine (neighbor), Grace (neighbor), Audrey (school friend) and Kate (neighbor) (yes, lots of Kate's in the neighborhood!)
Kate invited friends from our new neighborhood, her school and our old ward. We played some Frozen clips and music.
We had a snowball fight with socks
Played pin the carrot nose on Olaf
Thawed the frozen heart by pairing up and rubbing the ice cube until the red heart came out.
Whacked the pinata and then I had to eventually rip it open. I tripped over a girl as I got out of their way and scraped up my arm and leg pretty good and tweaked my neck as I landed on my shoulder/arm. Ouch. Another tip is don't ever put hard jolly ranchers in a pinata. Worst idea ever because it fell to the cement floor and shattered into a million tiny sticky candy pieces. I'm still finding sticky spots in the garage and in the house. Ugh.
Pizza for dinner and Frozen mini mud pies for dessert
(Arya is the 2nd from the left and came after I took the first picture)
Kate's new room! She got new pillows, a lamp and a mirror to dance in front of from my Mom for her birthday. She had a fun birthday!
1 Fabulous Comments:
Happy Birthday Miss Kate! Cute bedroom makeover! So grown up. Kat really wants one too. I should consult with your designer ;)
Post a Comment