I hosted the girls weekend this year. It was a lot of fun. For a couple months before I was thinking and researching and worrying over what we would do and I wanted to make sure we had fun things to do so I'm so glad it turned out well. I'm thankful for my Mom and sisters and that we do these girl weekends to spend time together. Sadie even made a huge effort by flying out for the weekend. It was fun to have all of us together.
We met up at Ikea on Friday morning. Marci was working and Sadie was flying from Utah, but the rest of us did some shopping that morning. Jeni was reliving her days when we used to play Fabricland (a store like JoAnn's). We would use my Mom's leftover fabric and then set up our own stores with the fabric laid out with price tags. Then we would go around to one another's stores to shop. We would choose material, then the "store owner" would cut it out on our makeshift fabric tables (think yardsticks and tape and scissors). We always wanted to recreate the groove they use to keep their scissors in as a guide. So nifty!
Landon was too cute in this little hat. We ate lunch at Panera Bread then did a little bit of shopping near the restaurant before heading back up to our house which takes 40 minutes. We wanted to beat rush hour traffic.
We had homemade cafe rio for dinner. The meat was cooking while we were shopping. :)
L-R: Jeni, Sara, Marci, Sadie with Landon and me
We exchanged our favorite things. We started doing this a few years ago and had fun with it. Well, since we've been doing it the last few years it's getting harder to find things that our are favorites under $5. We keep it affordable. But this year didn't disappoint. We got some yummy and cute stuff. Sara handmade the Home Sweet Home signs. My Mom made the chocolate chip recipe on the hand towel using her fancy schmancy embroidery machine. Sadie gave us some yummy cocoa covered almonds, lip butter lip gloss and jelly beans. Marci gave us lemon covered almonds, pepper grinder and chocolate dipping sauce. Jeni made a bird vinyl picture to go on a glass holder and chocolate covered almonds. I gave a mini chocolate chocolate chip bundlet from Nothing Bundt Cakes.
No time to rest...we quickly started crafting. I had 3 crafts for us to do and some of them needed to be done tonight in order to be dry tomorrow and get finished. We made a bunny cotton tail decoration, painted mason jars and a St. Patrick's Day banner with burlap. It was interesting as we were doing the mason jars because the directions on the blog I found make it look so simple yet we quickly had problems like the paint not sticking or peeling off when you taped the stripes off. It was funny because the lady on this blog charges a lot of money for these mason jars on her etsy shop and by the end of the night we were thinking that maybe it wasn't too expensive after all! haha! It worked out though and they turned out cute.
I like my new sign from Sara on my front entry table. Thanks Sara!
Friday night we were night owls and went to Seattle for a comedy show called Theatersports. It's down by Pikes Place Market and the gum wall. Kyle and I have been before, but it's been awhile. I like to laugh and have fun so this was something I wanted to take them to. Luckily, I found tickets on a discount website so we got a steal of a deal for them. The show started at 10:30pm so it's really late. We were quite the partiers that night! Landon tagged along and he was so good. He slept through most of the comedy show. What a good baby. We had debated getting a babysitter, but then didn't know how he would do with a sitter so it worked out to take him. The show was funny. Marci volunteered to go up during a skit and she was a good sport. We all laughed lots and loved it. I cried I laughed so hard, which isn't that hard for me to do. It was a fun night.
A selfie with the Great Wheel behind us.
I loved having all of them in my bathroom getting ready. We could have had a dance party in there! After sleeping in and eating a yummy breakfast (omelettes, hash browns and toast), we finished up the crafts and then ate lunch (toasted turkey/provolone/pesto sandwiches on torta rolls, fruit and chips) before heading up to Mt. Vernon (45 mins away) to go to the Tulip Festival. With this winter being so mild and this spring being so nice the tulips were ready 2 weeks ahead of schedule so they are lucky we were able to go see them. None of them had seen them before so I'm glad it worked out to take them. There weren't any big fields of tulips ready, just daffodils, but it was still pretty to see the big patch of tulips at Tulip Town.
Breathtaking!
Sadie drew this at Macaroni Grill, she's talented!
We finished the weekend off with dinner at Macaroni Grill. Then my Mom, Jeni and Sara went home. Marci, Sadie and I did a little bit of shopping (Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack and Home Goods) before heading home. Kyle had taken the kids over to Mattawa to my parents' house and he beat me home! haha. I'm still laughing about things from this weekend and glad we had such a good time together.
0 Fabulous Comments:
Post a Comment