Monday, April 14, 2008

I've Been Tagged... My Favorite Things

MY FAVORITE THINGS around the house...

My favorite thing in the kitchen is... the island. I fell in love with the kitchen the moment I saw it when looking for a house. I love all the counter space and the cupboards. My next house has to have a big kitchen too. :)

My favorite thing in the bathroom is... my flat iron. It's new from my parents for Christmas and it gets super hot so I can fix my hair fast. That's important when time is limited.

My favorite thing in the bedroom is... our dresser. Random, I know. I don't love, love our bed and we don't have much in there, but our dresser is from IKEA and I have been really happy with it. It's tall and has huge drawers.

My favorite thing in the kid's room... the cow dresser we painted in Preston's room and the vinyl lettering we put up in Kate's room that says "Sugar and spice and all that's nice, that's what little girls are made of". They make the room more fun and unique. Kate still loves her pink "castle" (aka her pink bedroom!).

My favorite thing in the living room is... our DVR!!! Love, love, love it. I don't worry about missing any tv shows if I'm gone to the gym or to a meeting because I can watch them whenever I want. It's great. However, there's too many Ellen's and Oprah's so it takes me a while to watch them all. :)

My favorite thing in the pantry is... the food we have for food storage and the awesome shelves Kyle built for me when we first moved in. They are way more sturdy than the flimsy wire/mesh ones they had available.

My favorite thing in the "office" is... our computer with high speed internet. I can check email, read blogs and surf the web faster than when we had dial up internet. It's so much nicer.

My favorite thing in the garage is... my washer and dryer. Great inventions and I don't have to drag our clothes to the laundromat like I did for several years before we moved into this house.

Now, I tag these people: Kati, Jeni, Melanie and Sally

4 Fabulous Comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Those are some of my favorite things, too. I can't wait to have a kitchen that has counter space :) !!

Kati said...

As soon as I saw the title, I had a feeling I would be next :)

melanie said...

I love your island too. Or should I say I covet it. No, that would be bad. :)

Love the shout out for your flat iron. Who wants to live without that?

I'll work on that tag once I don't have sick kids! Yeah, cruel joke around here that spring break was over. All 3 big kids have fevers and sore throats! Not nice on a Mon!

Vicki Sabin said...

That made me think of what a few of my favorite things are... good answers!