Monday, April 28, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

We went to a park tonight after dinner to try and fly a kite. This also was our family night activity. :) Kate watched Mary Poppins recently and has wanted to fly a kite since watching that movie. The kite wouldn't stay up for very long because the wind would come and go. We need to go to Mattawa or Ellensburg since the wind blows there all the time! So instead Kate played on the play toy, we walked down to this little creek and threw rocks in it and then went for a walk around this large play field where there was a baseball game and football practice going on. Then, we came home to get Preston into bed. I went to the gym after the kids were in bed and Kyle folded laundry. So nice of him since there was quite a bit.

This morning I took Kate to the library for this story time where the man who does it plays his guitar, sings, dances around (with the kids) and reads books. It's very entertaining and Kate loved it when we went before. So I wanted to take her back there. I invited her friend Alyssa to join us for the morning. So after Preston's (very short) morning nap we picked up Alyssa and went to the library. It was very interesting watching Kate vs the other kids during the story time. Kate was almost always moving around. There were 30 plus people at story time and she would wander around the room (this is actually okay, but still!). I kept telling her to sit down to listen to the story, but she would watch other kids instead and wander around. She's such an active girl. We probably need to work on her attention span a bit. :)

On Sunday, Kyle went home teaching in the morning before church. I was busy making rolls, special potatoes and jello while getting kids fed and dressed along with getting me dressed and ready. I was in the kitchen all day! But I had bought a ham from Costco because Kyle LOVES ham so I was making him a yummy Sunday dinner. We had to cook the ham and potatoes after church, but our dinner was yummy. The rolls turns out okay. They tasted good, but didn't look like my Mom's. I ended up taking dinner to this girl I visit teach who is pregnant with twins and on bed rest. It was fun to visit with her.

Kyle and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary this weekend so we are planning on going on a date for that. Plus, there is a primary activity day on Saturday morning that I have to finish planning and preparing for. I better get busy with that!

9 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

I love when Milo folds the laundry. And he usually doesn't complain cause he watches ESPN the whole time and folds and zones out. I guess it's a perfect combo for him, ha.

Just think how many more 1000's of rolls your mom has made through out the years. No doubt it took some time to get it just right. And they tasted good so that's something! Good job! I never use yeast, I'm scared of it.

Do share your primary activity ideas. You know how I love to hear what you guys are doing so we can steal, I mean use it. :)

Meegan said...

uhm happy anniversary! 8 years flies by fast huh!
You are super-mom-wife-woman! That dinner made me hungry (and I just ate!)
Miss your guts!
Meegan

Rose said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jorden has a short attention span as well. I think the thing with Kate is that she is so smart and so creative that she gets bored easily.

I was one of those bored easily kids, and something that helped a lot for me was having an outlet for all my energy... something to challenge me and give me something to do.

Have you thought about enrolling Kate in The Little Gym? They have dance classes, gymnastics, cheerleading and a few other things. They have a location close to us. Kids can start classes when they are 3 years old. They let you come in for a test class as well, so you can see if you like it. Then if you decide you like it, you can register. Their summer session is coming up.

Rose said...

Oh... here's the website for more info: :)

http://www.littlegym.com/

Anna said...

Im so impressed with your Sunday dinner cooking. Wow! Around here I let my mom do that.
We have an activity Saturday too.

Alycia said...

flying a kite sounds like so much fun, I haven't done that since I was a little kid. What a great idea for FHE! Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

The Duckers said...

hey! I've actually been thinking about you randomly ever since we left Washington (1 1/2 years) thinking it would have been really nice to keep in touch with you. Thank you blogging world!!
Add me to your friends list! It's so good to read all your stories and see how things are going with you and your family. Cute addition (Preston) and Kate looks sooooo different.

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun! Happy belated anniversary. We are approaching 10 years next month.

Vicki Sabin said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Tell Kate that I have a new kite she can fly when she comes to visit. And we've been having plenty of wind!!
Reading the comments on your blog is as much fun as reading your blog! Melanie - you make me laugh each time... :)