Sunday, June 22, 2008

10 Year High School Reunion!

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I graduated from High School. We had a small graduating class- only 37 of us! It was fun to meet up this last Saturday at the Desert Aire Park for a BBQ. It was fun to see one another and meet spouses and see everyone's cute children! We even looked at old pictures from back in the days that Shannon brought. They gave us a good laugh. We all looked so young and baby faced. :) Teresa organized it and so thanks to her for doing this. Only 12 of us came (more should have come!), but it was good to see everyone there.

The 12 of us that came- back row: Blanca (Ruiz), Mandy Hymas, Teresa Perez, Kurt Price, Bryce Christensen, Shannon (Hilliker), Quinanna (Lowell) and Lisa (Dobson); front row: Christina (Wood), Heidi (Sabin- me!), Loni (Summers) and Cindy (Zirker)
I don't know everyone's married names so maiden names are in ( ).

Enjoying our lunch- Kyle, Kurt with his wife Ashley, Bryce with his wife Sharee (due VERY soon)
Catching up with one another Looking and laughing over old pictures
More visiting (Shannon's parents and Loni's inlaws dropped by too)
Christina, her husband and their baby in stroller with Blanca and her husband
Lisa and her 6 day old baby!!! She won the award for the newest baby. She had just gotten home the day before from the hospital so we are glad she stopped by to say hi. She looked great!
Blanca talking with Bryce and Sharee (Mandy and Kurt in background)
Shannon's daughter, Sara, even got a nap in!

Cindy and Loni tied with having the most kids- 4 each. What's funny is that they both have a set of twins!!! Christina and Loni both have boys named Connor (Loni's is spelled with a "K"). Shannon, Lisa and I all have two kids (one boy and one girl). Quinanna and Christina have one kid and Bryce has one on the way. All the kids played well together. They had fun with the bubbles, playing on the toys and they especially liked getting wet from the water spicket.

Teresa and Lisa live in Mattawa. Quinanna lives in Spokane. Blanca is in Seattle, Bryce is in Kenmore, Shannon is in Eatonville (near Puyallup) and I live in Everett. Mandy, Kurt and Christina live in the Tri-Cities. Loni lives in Dayton and Cindy lives in Othello (they just moved there last week from Ellensburg).

It was fun to see everyone there and see you in 10 more years, right?!

9 Fabulous Comments:

Anna said...

10 years flies by, we have ours in a few weeks. Wow, a 6 day old baby-brave, she looks good too!

melanie said...

OK, I might be a bit biased but seriously, you have the BEST hair there (of course I would notice that)!! I'm glad you had a good time. I can't believe how little Bryce's wife is for being so close to delivery AND I can't believe that someone came 6 days postpartum. She looks great. Did Kate entertain the masses?

Kahana said...

Thats exciting you had your 10 year reunion!! It goes by so fast. Looks like you enjoyed it.

Jess said...

So sad I missed it! Guess I should have checked your blog before I emailed. Thanks for posting the pics and updates! I'm surprised more didn't go as well since I know there are more than that that are still in WA. Thanks again!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I kind of wanted to go to my 10 year class reunion (it was over 4 years ago), but I didn't feel like forking out the money for plane tickets. After all, it seems like it would be more fun to have graduated with a small class of 37 than to have graduated with my class of over 500!

wandering nana said...

Wow, 10 years. It was my 40th and I haven't heard anything.. I must be one of those "Do you know where so and so is?" I think there were like 500 in my graduating class. The last reunion I remember going to was my 10th and I was 4 months pregnant with my 5th child. Man I'm old!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Looks like you had fun. Just wait until it is 50! Did I say 50? I must mean 45! 'Whew' If that's not bad enough! Time does fly....

nomadicspud said...

My 10 year was 2 years ago. I thought I came from a small town and my graduating class was 161. One girl at our reunion won newest married (6 weeks), newest baby (10 days), most children (6) and oldest spouse (45). We also had a bald contest for the men. It was hilarious to see how many are already bald at 27 & 28 years old. Glad you had fun!! It's always fun to catch up with old friends.

Shar said...

Crazy that I've known you for 10 years know, Heid! I was hoping to make it to our reunion, but sadly we won't be able to. but I guess with our class of 400, who would even show up that i know? How fun to have such a small class. did you like that?
So I have to garre with Melanie - your hair looks FABULOUS!

and did I meet Kurt at college? He looked familiar.

anyway, looks like a fun day!