Happy Birthday Dad!!!

My Mom and Dad came over on Monday for a Mariner's game (my Dad is a diehard fan and it was the first home game). Marci, Kyle and I all met up with them after the game at Famous Dave's (my Dad's favorite place) for dinner. His brother Larry and his family met us there too. My Dad is the best though! He does a lot for us as kids. I love how playful he is with us (still!) and the grandkids. He is a teenager still at heart. Thanks Dad for all you do and your wonderful example to all of us!

My Dad opening his loot of gifts (he got a bunch of spring shirts- that's what he wanted)

My Mom with Preston. The kids were really good at the restaurant. I was nervous because it was so late that we met up with them, but they were both good. Preston wanted to sit with my Mom and play with her, but he kept pulling off her glasses! Stinker.

The next morning...Preston woke up like this!!! He got sick and it hit him HARD. He's been laying around since Tuesday barely eating a ritz cracker and some juice before throwing up. He finally kept some food down last night and again today. He hasn't thrown up today at all and we even braved it and gave him milk- he was asking for it since he woke up. We gave it to him a couple days ago and it didn't go over well with his tummy so we banned it for a couple days. Poor kid. He's just not been the same- doesn't play, sleeps a lot, has a fever and wants to be held all the time. His eyes are even sad. I went to give him a drink Thursday morning before I left for work and it made me cry seeing how anxious he was to get a drink. He was shaking when taking the cup from me and then gulped it down like none other. I wanted to stay home and hold him.
Since Preston wasn't showing signs of improvement on Thursday (he threw up the water I gave him before I left for work) Kyle took him to the doctor. They found out that Preston's right tube in his ear fell out and he has an ear infection. Great. Now we have to go back to the ENT to find out if it's worth it to put it back in. He's only had tubes since last September. We had to wait until he stopped throwing up before we could give him his antibiotic so tonight we gave it to him. Poor boy. I hope tomorrow he perks up.
9 Fabulous Comments:
Nice shirt Dad! He is GREAT!
Poor Preston! That is no fun. Tube out already=frustrating!
It seems Preston's been sick a lot lately. Do you think the tube falling out makes him nauseous? Maybe he has a food allergy that you don't know about yet? Poor kid. Poor parents :)
The contrast between the two pictures of Preston (the one with me and the other on the couch) is stark! Poor little guy - you can really tell in his eyes that he doesn't feel well. I sure hope he's perking up and feeling better. Thanks for the birthday party - it was fun to celebrate. And you're right - you do have a great dad. :)
Preston and his parents need a break already! Poor baby. I hope he is feeling better. Next task? Getting Skype on your new computer.... soon....... No pressure.....
Who doesn't love your dad? He's a great friend to everyone. Happy Birthday Craig!
I feel so sorry for the little guy. When my girls had tubes, they said they would fall out any where from 3 months to a year. I had 2 girls that had them and one of them got them in twice. With the last ones I actually got to see on after it fell out. Weird, I had never seen one before. I hope he does better.
That poor little guy! He has been through a lot!
Fun dinner fir your dad. He is a great guy, you Are blessed!
Poor Preston! That is such a sad little picture. I do love the smile he gave me today, he knows his Aunt Mel! :)
Preston looks so sad!...I hope he feels better soon! I hope dad likes his spring shirts! I am sad that we werent there to celebrate but i am glad you were able to spend time with them! looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Poor little guy...Hope Preston is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment