I went to Utah with my parents and a few of my siblings a couple weekends ago for my cousin, Austin's wedding to Giselle. They make an adorable couple. It was fun to see all my aunts and uncles and cousins. They got married in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple and it was beautiful weather- clear blue skies, but cold! The day before when we were coming into Salt Lake City it was snowing! So it was a perfect day for a wedding. The reception was right after the wedding and it was at a golf course club house. Kyle stayed behind at my parent's house with the kids so it was a nice trip for me since I didn't have to worry about any kids! Dee Ann was visiting for her spring break so she was staying with Melanie in Tri-Cities. Kyle and the kids went and hung out with them for a couple days so he wasn't all alone the whole weekend. But it was sure nice of him to stay behind!
The whole gang of us who went to the wedding. Jeni and Kevin came with their kids. They stayed an extra day longer to see some sites and friends/family.
L-R: Nicole (Shar's twin sis), Stephanie, Shar, me and KishaI was able to meet up with some of my roommates from my days at Ricks College who live in Utah! It was fun to chat and visit with them. We went to this chocolate cafe where you ordered desserts and ate in these random rooms. We stayed for almost 2 hours chatting! Thanks girls for meeting up with me! A couple of them are moving out of state so I'm glad we got together before we are even more scattered.
On Sunday after church, my parents, Sara, Marci, Jared and I went to Temple Square. My Mom's brother and some of his family came with us too. Jared hadn't been to Temple Square since he was little. It was a nice day and we took our time walking around. I want to take my kids there someday. Kate would love seeing the Temple and the Christ statue.
The Conference Center with the beautiful waterfall. It's amazing the difference between this building and the small Tabernacle. The architecture is incredible. They have waterfalls and plants on the roof!And of course, we went to our favorite places to eat and shop. We had a list of places we wanted to go. We ate at Kneader's (delish sandwiches), Texas Roadhouse Grill (it was new for all of us and the rolls were quite amazing as well as my steak. I got sick though the next day. I think I ate one too many rolls!), at Bajio's on the way to Utah for Jeni's birthday and BYU creamery. We shopped at Rod Works and Tai Pan (never been there and loved it!). I bought some cute new decorations for my house. It was fun.

5 Fabulous Comments:
LOVE Tai Pan, LOVE BYU Creamery, LOVE Texas Roadhouse...would have been a trip from heaven for me! Soo glad you had a great trip. See....Utah isn't that bad afterall!
It was so good to see you, Heidi! I'm glad you were able to make it to all the places you wanted to. I'm impressed you were able to fit so much in!
Love the pix. So glad you made the effort to attend and so glad you have a supportive hubby. It was a fun trip. We did it all!
WOOO HOOO!!!! It was a blast. I am oh so glad that you were able to go Heidi! Seriously. It would have been so boring teasing Marci by myself :)
We just barely missed each other in Utah! I flew in on March 31 and I was there until yesterday. You will have to let us know anytime you go to Utah so we can meet up! I wish we had been there for the Easter playgroup. It looked like fun.
Post a Comment