Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Preston!

Happy 3rd Birthday Preston!!!

Preston loves playing with trains so we did a Train Party. I made this cake on my own (I was so nervous!). I got ideas online and then made up my own. Preston loved his train cake. It was time consuming, but I'm glad I did it. They had some good tips online like making the rounded part on the blue train car by baking the cake in a green bean can. Then the smoke is polyfil and then I made everything else by baking the cake in loaf pans and cutting them up to make the littler cars. I had a coal car (choc covered raisins), animal cage car and a little red caboose.

The decorations for his party. We also have a tradition of decorating their bedroom door on their birthday with streamers.

Opening his presents.

Eating the animals first!

L-R: Kate, Preston, Sara holding Ashlynn, Dallin, Alyssa and Asher
My Mom and Sara came over for the day and that was so nice of them. Preston had Asher and Dallin meet him at the playground in the mall to play. Then we all came back to our house for lunch, games and cake and ice cream. We played musical trains, throw the coal in the bucket and green light/red light.

The aftermath! It was hard to cut into the cake after spending hours making it.

And a picture of Lindsey for fun. :) She's already over 2 months old! She's eating better most of the time. At her 2 month check-up a couple weeks ago she weighed 12lbs 5 oz (86%), length 23.5 inch (89%) and so the doctor wasn't worried at all about her growth. She was doing great. She's already rolled over from her stomach to her back. I don't know if it was an accident, but it's happened twice now. She's strong.

Kate kept begging Sara to do beauty parlor with her. Sara put it up in a bun and then Kate had to dance like a ballerina for us. It is fitting for Sara to do this because she just finished Beauty School and will take her tests soon to get licensed. Good job Sara!


6 Fabulous Comments:

Jeni said...

Sounds like he had a fun day!
Cute cake!!

Rose said...

Excellent job on the cake! I love your chubby baby and her cute little cowlick! Kate is beautiful. I hope all is going well for you!

Shar said...

oh my gosh - that cake is awesome! i was so lazy and did donuts for kapria's birthday. it worked, since none of us much like eating cake. but now i want to do something cool like that!
happy day to preston!

melanie said...

Happy Birthday Preston!

Oh I love the cake! I'm impressed! Save the link....Marion might copy you haha.

ericksonzone said...

How fun! What an amazing job on the cake! I bet he loved it. I didn't even recognize Sara. She's just so grown up and beautiful.

ericksonzone said...

I am totally stealing some of your ideas for Paul's train cake. We'll see if it turns out.