Thursday, October 21, 2010

Office Upgrades

We lived amongst this mess...


and this mess for 3 days while we put down wood floors in our office and painted. I felt like a hoarder because we only had certain pathways we could walk to get around the kitchen. It's just amazing how much crazier life can feel when your house is such a wreck!

Here it is all finished! I didn't take a before picture- bummer. Just imagine cheap stained grey carpet. Ha ha.
Kyle did a great job putting the wood floor down. It's the flooring from Costco so it's like putting a puzzle together. Very tricky especially around the doors. We love it. You can tell the room is already colder and louder though because of the wood. We come in this room from the garage all the time so the carpet was disgustingly dirty. With fall and winter coming it will be nice not having to worry about dirty shoes making a mess of the carpet. I painted the walls Humble Gold(my sister Marci has this color in her house and she got it from my Aunt- it's a beautiful yellow) and it goes well with the floor and the black furniture.
Our next project...new carpet in our front room. We have really cheap carpet that came with the house so anything different will be an upgrade.


8 Fabulous Comments:

Rose said...

It looks good!

Jeni said...

That looks really nice! I like your cute black rug! I bet you love it. You are going to love having new carpet downstairs too! How fun!

melanie said...

Jeni beat me to it, I love the black rug! Love the new floor too. Good job guys, nice team effort with the floor work and painting.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Great new home office! Who wouldn't love to work/create in this space! Two thumbs up on this makeover.

ericksonzone said...

It looks nice! I'm sure you are glad it's all put back together again. That stage of the project where everything is displaced is not fun! No, no, no!

Brenda said...

Well done Kyle. I love the wall color too! It screams "happy"!

Tawnya said...

Nice office! Also, Preston looked so cute all dressed up for his first day of preschool. I can't believe he's 3!!! He was born the same month we moved into the ward. Time flies.

marcalicious said...

ditto to Jeni & Melanie....And of course I love the wall color. Since I want to marry that color.