Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Preston's Starts Preschool!

Preston's went to his first day of preschool on Monday! I took him there so I could meet his teacher and then he rode the bus home. He threw a fit when they tried to get him to go on the bus to go home, but the bus drive said he calmed down a minute later. Today he rode the bus there and home and did great. It was sad to see his little head look out the window and follow us as the bus left. It made me sad! He's so little! I think he's doing good. He comes home happy and scarfs down his lunch and then goes off to play.

He was totally being cheesy and funny while I was taking his pictures so I included a few of him.


His new little backpack he got for his birthday.

This makes me sad...his little face peering out the window. How cute.

I love Kate's outstreched arms. She's always excited when he comes home. He spilled water on his jeans at preschool so they changed him into some they had there. His bus driver in the morning is Miss Shellie and for the ride home is Mr. Mike.
Kyle's work is going good. It's always an adjustment going to a new job so he's trying to learn everything. I told him I wanted to take his picture on his first day of work and he said "no". Shocking. He loves pictures. He has to wear business casual clothes and before he could wear jeans (which he loved) so that's a change for him. He works for a consulting company as a consultant for a bank near our house. The bank has a bunch of propery they need managed so he works in the land development side of things. So far so good. I haven't gone back to work yet. I was supposed to this month, but he got a job (phew) and so I get to be home. It's had it's stressful moments, but now with two kids in school in the morning it's pretty nice. :)

8 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

OH my word, these photos are priceless and so adorable. I love his little cheese face! I would be a sad too watching that little face in the window as the bus drove away. Good things can be hard, remind yourself. Plus mornings free can't be too bad either!

Granny DeeAnn said...

What a little ham. That bus looks so big for little buddy, but he looks like he's having fun. Love the picture of Kate greeting the bus. Hope you've started all of those long awaited dream projects! :0)

ericksonzone said...

I'm clapping my hands and shouting for joy that Kyle got a job and that it's going well. I hope he gets over the newbie blues quickly. I hate that stage of anything, although it's inevitable.

That is so nice to have the older kids at school and you have time just for the baby and your other chores/activities. I haven't put Paul or the twins in preschool...I don't know why. I'm sure they would love it though...and I probably would too.

Vicki Sabin said...

These pictures are priceless. Thank you for sharing them! You're going through a lot of "firsts" right now. Hang in there!

Michael and Stephanie said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well. Preston looks like quite the little entertainer. I just loved the pics of him. Also, I totally know how Kyle feels about the new job I always hate the first few weeks when you're trying to figure out everything you're suppose to do.

Grossarths said...

What a cute little guy! I LOVED the train cake and wish you were here to make one for Jackson! You are too talented.

Unknown said...

OK those pictures are adorable!! Love love love them!

ericksonzone said...

You're probably right. Your mom could have made it, but I remember you giving me the jar. Love those candy corns.