Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Out With the Old and In With the New...Carpet That Is

The cheap carpet our house came with could only last so long...it was gross and would show stains like none other. This picture turned upside down, but it shows the gross carpet before (granted I didn't clean the carpets for a while because I knew we were getting new stuff so it's even worse).


The carpet installation company called on Monday afternoon seeing if we wanted to get our carpet installed Tuesday afternoon or the following week. Well, we still needed to put down a wood section by the front door and then rip out our carpet and move everything. But we figured we'd rather bust it out in one night and get it over with then have to wait longer. It took a long time to get all the carpet, padding, staples and tack strips up. My knees were killing me! Kyle got the wood entrance done and we got to bed around midnight.

All the stuff pushed into the kitchen (sound familiar?...from when we put wood flooring down in the office. We need a break from home projects!). Preston was sick so he stayed home from preschool today. It was kind of nice that he was sick because he stayed in one spot and didn't come and get into my paint when I was repainting the baseboards and walls before the carpet installers came. Normally, he'd be all over the place and I wouldn't have gotten as much done. But I hope he gets better soon. He's just not himself and has no appetite. Poor kid.

Here's the room with new carpet. We rearranged the furniture and the entertainment center. You can see the section of wood flooring and the darker carpet compared to the old carpet on the stairs. The new carpet is a carmel/tan color. The name is Capuccino by Martha Stewart and it's a shaggier carpet. We love it.

The chair doesn't really fit well since we rearranged so we might need some different furniture. I want to redecorate the walls in the room and so I have to figure that out too. The installers put the transition strip going into the kitchen on crooked so I had to call them back to have them come fix it. It's better now so I'm glad it got fixed because I knew that it would bug me with it being so crooked. It took us hours to get the room prepped last night and when the installers came today, there were two of them, they did it all in 35 minutes!!! I told them we spent hours taking up everything they just put back down. Ha! Overall, we really like it!


9 Fabulous Comments:

Rose said...

Looks good! :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

The room looks great. Looks bigger. Next.... new furniture! Oh how that can of worms gets bigger. lol love it.

melanie said...

Oh I love it too! It really looks great. Props for working so hard!

It's true though, once you do one thing, it snowballs into something else. That's how Marion's feeling with her kitchen remodel.

Jeni said...

Yeah! There is nothing like new carpet to walk on!! Have fun decorating! :) It is always fun to change things up.

ericksonzone said...

Yes, it looks soooo nice! I bet you love that it's shaggier. I wish I were there right now with my shoes off so I could wiggle my toes in it. Go do that for me right now!

Michelle said...

Looks great! I know all too well about home projects. :) Hope Preston feels better soon!

Sara said...

i love it!!!!!

Kati said...

Yay! So fun!

Trina said...

It looks great.