Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fountain of Youth

Kate lost another bottom tooth last night. She was SO excited about losing it and getting another dollar from the tooth fairy. She showed me how loose it was so I worked at it and tried pulling it out with holding onto a kleenex, wrapping floss around it and then just with my bare fingers, but it wouldn't budge. She would kind of cry and say it hurt, but then she wanted it out because it hurt to bite down on it. So finally, I wiggled it and basically had to bend it forward enough to pull it out of there. Seeing the little tooth made me sad because now she'll get big teeth there and those little teeth are adorable and it means she is growing up. I love her spacey teeth.

A couple weeks ago, I got a new calling at Church. Kyle and I were released as Activities Co-Chairs and I got called into the Young Women as a Beehive Advisor. I'll teach the 12 and 13 yr old girls at Church. I'm excited and nervous. I haven't served in Young Women's before but it should be fun. The other leaders I get to work with are fun and the Young Women are great. I taught the lesson today and learned that the girls are the only members of the Church in their school from their ward (they all go to different schools). It made me appreciate the examples they are to their friends. I grew up with lots of youth and good youth at that. I had a great time growing up and realize what a blessing that was for me. It will be fun to spend more time with the youth and get to know them more. Tonight, I went to a fireside for the youth and all the Stake Young Men and Young Women's presidencies spoke on courage. It was a great night and I came away uplifted and wanting to have more courage.

7 Fabulous Comments:

Stacey said...

You will be so good at it and love it! I always worry about my kids being the only members in their school too. I loved high school, but I had a lot of roommates who just endured it. That is why my kids will likely always dictate where we live someday :)

ericksonzone said...

You will be so good in there and you'll be amazed at how fast you love the girls and they love you.

I loved going to the firesides and standards nights and YW in Excellence and New Beginnings nights. I loved being there for the girls, but I loved the spiritual recharge I got too.

Rose said...

You'll love being in Young Women's! It's one of the best callings ever! Have fun!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Now I know what I can get you for Christmas... Energizer bunny batteries! I think they might come in handy! You will be great as the Queen Bee. You will have all those little bees swarming around that hive engaged as they should be. Have fun.

Shar said...

i worked with the beehives for four years! they are awesome and so excited to be there. you are so much fun, they are going to love you! you'll do great. :)

melanie said...

I love the Beehives. You'll be great with them, they are going to love you.

Stop Kate from growing up. Please!

Carolyn said...

Can i get you address so i can send you a christmas card?