Monday, September 30, 2013

Grandma Joyce

My Grandma Joyce passed away on Saturday September 28th, 2013. She is my Mom's mom. She lived a long and happy life until the age of 81. She even went through having Rheumatic Heart Fever, Diabetes and Parkinson's. She was a great example to me of enduring to the end. I know she's in a better place, but we will all miss her. My Mom always told me my middle name was "Joy" after her Mom's name. I remember Grandma making us silky panties when we were little. As a little girl, she would ask me where the "happy Heidi" was whenever I was in a bad mood. I loved eating her frozen ding dongs when I went to her house and watching cable TV (that was a luxury). Grandma Joyce was so supportive, always coming to birthday celebrations, sporting events and baby celebrations. I'm lucky to have her as my Grandma.


Grandma Joyce and Grandpa Bill in 2005


Four generation picture with Kate in 2005



I am lucky to have both grandparents live near me when I grew up. They came to a lot of family things. It was fun. Grandma Joyce, my Mom, me, Kate and Grandma Helen Gene (my Dad's mom).


Christmas 2005 at their house in Yakima.


An amazing 5 generation picture with my Great Grandma Lucy, Grandma Joyce, my Mom, me and Kate.


My Grandma Joyce holding Preston in 2007


At one of my Mom's birthday celebrations in 2008.


Grandpa and Grandma drove over for the day to visit Lindsey after she was born. It was nice of them to come all that way to see her. 


Visiting Grandma at her house in Kennewick in March 2012


I liked this picture because in the background you can see her talking to Preston. Yes, and you see Lindsey's lovely black eye. ha.


Grandma Joyce seeing Chelsea for the first time at Miner's restaurant in Yakima. We met up there after Jared's all-star football game in Yakima at then end of June. Chelsea was only like a week old. 


Stopping by to see Grandma at the rehab center. She was in there for a little while before returning home. 


For as long as I can remember Grandpa and Grandma Wright would always wave bye as we drove away from their house. This picture was in March of this year. We were having a girl's weekend at Jeni's house and went to visit them. And as we left they waved bye, of course. :)
(My Grandpa also used to wash my Mom's front windshield on her car before we left to drive back home to Mattawa. Oh the memories.) 


Tom, Jim, John, Grandpa Bill, my Mom and Grandma Joyce at our reunion this year in August.


Almost everyone! What a posterity Grandma Joyce has. :)


And I couldn't resist posting this picture of Chelsea's arm and Grandma Joyce's arm. This was at the reunion in August and Chelsea was reaching over to her. It was adorable. It made Grandma smile. I remember the last thing Grandma said to me the last time I saw her, "you have a beautiful baby." 
You are loved and missed Grandma Joyce!


3 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

What a beautiful post to such a sweet lady. Just reinforces your last post: Lifevis too short. I'm glad you have such great memories. Love all of you.

ericksonzone said...

What sweet memories of your Grandma. What a blessing that you lived close enough to make those memories over the years.

allegra said...

Sorry Heidi:( The loss of grandparent is tough. I still ache for my Grandpa a lot. Hope you're doing ok. She seemed wonderful.