Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I loth my tooth!



Preston lost his FIRST tooth last week. He came up to me after dinner with a very worried look on his face (the look of "I did something wrong") and said, "My tooth broke." I looked at his tooth and it was super loose and bleeding. I asked him if he broke it on trying to bite off a lego (he uses his teeth all the time to take apart the lego pieces) and he told me no. Then it dawned on me that he was almost 6 so of course it's that time when he'll lose his teeth! I felt bad that he was so worried he was going to be in trouble, thinking he broke his tooth! I took him into the bathroom and got a kleenex for better grip on the tooth, but honestly all I had to do was barely pull it out and it came out! It was so easy. He didn't even cry. He just had a surprised look on his face because he was unsure of what was happening. Once the bleeding stopped, he checked out his new smile and stuck his tongue through the space and thought that was pretty cool. Kate was excitedly telling him that he can put the tooth in the tooth fairy pillow and the tooth fairy will come and he'll get money. He was adamantly saying that he didn't want to do that. He didn't want the tooth fairy to come. Once we were up in his room after bath time, I asked him if he was scared of the tooth fairy and he said "yes". Awww, I have never thought about the tooth fairy being scary, but it is kind of weird to say, "put your tooth in this pillow and the tooth fairy will come into your room and give you money for your tooth." He didn't want the tooth fairy to come in his room, that scared him. Once we told him the tooth fairy was nice he was okay with it as long as the tooth pillow was on the windowsill and NOT on his bed. ha! 

The next morning he came in my room and exclaimed, "Look Mom, I got a dollar from the tooth fairy!" He was all smiles and excited. I took him to the dollar store after Kate got home from school. He chose a green four wheeler toy. Here's to growing up little buddy!

3 Fabulous Comments:

Unknown said...

oh, what a trooper. Benjamin hasn't lost a tooth yet. He's kind of bummed because Claire has lost two already. i loved thinking of the tooth fairy from Preston's perspective. He's right, kind of scary.

ericksonzone said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me. I was signed in under a different e-mail. :)

melanie said...

Reed will catch up to Preston in a couple years or so, ha! Maybe he'll lose teeth with Lindsey!