The first few days of school have been successful. Preston likes Kindergarten and is always so excited to say "hi" to his teacher Mrs. Hooper. He says it to her several times a day. :) He has come home with green and blue stamp dots (which green means he is ready to learn, blue means he did a great job, yellow is not good and red is bad). I was perfectly happy with him getting green and then he came home on Monday with a blue one and was so happy to tell me. I was happily surprised! I hope he keeps it up! I'm going to be helping out in his classroom every few weeks. A couple of my friends and I are switching off watching kids and volunteering. It will be fun to be in class with him and meet his classmates. I did it with Kate when she was in Kindergarten and it was fun to know who she was talking about and to see how the class was ran.
Kate had an eventful first day of 3rd grade. She had an incident at school that made her sad and embarrassed. Her teacher called me in the afternoon explaining what happened. It was partly the teacher's fault and so she was apologizing for the misunderstanding. When I picked Kate up from school I thought she would immediately talk about what happened and instead she asked me how Preston's first day of school was. Bless her heart! She wanted to know how he did and if he liked it. I was the one that had to bring up what had happened with her. We talked about it and she wasn't mad at her teacher. She was fine. I'm glad she is resilient and really glad she likes school still. She's nervous because her teacher is strict. Her teacher told the class this. So now Kate keeps saying how strict she is. She is definitely more strict than her previous teacher and their reading log is quite the process to fill out so I'm groaning over that. ha! But overall, I'm excited for her and what she gets to learn this year.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
School Report...after a few days
Written by Heidi at 2:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Fabulous Comments:
Kate - you are my hero! You have very eventful first days of school! :) I hope you both have a great school year.
She is soo soooo sweet to think of her brother first, above her own feelings. I love that girl. And I miss her hugs at church. So glad Preston is loving school and doing well! What a stud! Great kiddos Heidi!
I love third graders. I know Kate would be my favorite. It really is a year of change and growth. It's like they take the ball and start bouncing it on their own. You will see her becoming a lot more independent. You know like when we were shopping for school clothes. lol Preston is so cute too. He also has a big transition this year too. It's so great that they have so much support in reaching new heights. Hats off to a super successful year!
Post a Comment