Monday, January 12, 2015

Memories and Splurges




 We cleaned out our garage and I went through some boxes that were stored at my Mom's house for several years since we didn't have room to store them. Well now that we have room I got them back. Going through them brought back a lot of memories. The first two pictures are dolls that my Mom made for me. You can tell the top doll was well loved. It has the dirtiest face ever! haha. The cabbage patch doll is classic with yarn hair. I used to pull the hair out and use the yarn to roll up and put under my nose and then suck my two middle fingers. I think I pulled Jeni's dolls' hair out. She wasn't happy with me. I wouldn't be either. The bunny dolls were made by my Grandma Joyce. I had a lavendar room with a high shelf around the room filled with bunnies. I wanted lavendar carpet but had to settle for my lavendar walls. 



Kate started basketball practices before Thanksgiving and the games just started at the beginning of January. She is on the purple Dragon team and is #6. She's learning the rules more each year. Her coach seems nice this year. We are going through a different place since we moved and the place where they have games and practices are close so that's nice. Last year we had to travel quite a bit for games and practices. 


Kyle gave me a massage gift card and Chipotle gift card for Christmas so when he was off from work I went and pampered myself. It was a fabulous afternoon. Of course, the massage therapist told me I should come in more often because my neck/shoulder/back are a mess. I already knew that, but who can go in for massages often?! 


I was at Costco and saw this dining room table with 8 chairs and for a good deal. When you see something at Costco it's now or never. We splurged and used some Christmas money to help pay for it. What's funny is when we were opening the table box up this opened cereal pouch was tucked into the box the legs came in. All the way from Vietnam. Some worker had fun tucking in this surprise. I've never had that happen to me before.



Trying out our new table! We were going to put it in the kitchen area, but I'm nervous having it in there with me still teaching co-op preschool and having young kids be rough with it. Maybe later. Or maybe we will keep it in the dining room. It was empty anyway. :) 

0 Fabulous Comments: