Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Kate!!!

Happy 5th Birthday Kate!!!

The birthday girl on her real birthday!

We opened presents after having her favorite breakfast- crepes with strawberries and cool whip. I loved this expression on her face. She needed a new Belle Barbie b/c the head broke off on her other one so Preston gave this to her. Obviously, she was very excited about it. She got a cute skirt, pool and tinkerbell towel, craft projects galore, books, a cute new coat and other things. She loved it all! Thanks everyone.

This music book was a present from G&G Wright and it was a huge hit with all the kids (and adults- hee hee!). Preston especially loved playing the "no" (piano). He loves music.

We gave her a new pink Razor scooter and she loves it. It goes much faster than the small kiddy version she had.

Here's the pool cake I made for Kate. I got the idea online from Family Fun. I made it a mud pie ice cream cake and you can tell it was melting. :0 It was easy to make and big hit. The bears were swimming and lounging in the pool like we do at my parent's house!
Happy Birthday Kate! We love you and are so glad to have you in our family. You bring a lot of fun into our lives with your personality and zest for life. You are a cute, smart, friendly, caring, energetic and talented girl!

9 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

That photo with the Barbie is SO adorable and SO Kate. She has the most exciting zest and happiness for life. She's a doll and I love her so much! Happy Birthday Big Girl!!

Even cuter cake to match the cupcakes! Way to be crafty and find cute ideas.

(Love Preston's outfit too. Cute!)

Granny DeeAnn said...

"cute, smart, friendly, caring, energetic and talented girl..." YES she is. So sad I missed the party. Maybe next year. I love you Kate! :o)

Vicki Sabin said...

Kate - Thank you for sharing your birthday with all of us! Your enthusiasm for life is infectious. Thanks for sharing it too! Love you gobs. Grandma Vicki :)

Brenda said...

5 is a big year! Happy Birthday Miss Kate!

Grossarths said...

Wow, she is so grown up Heidi! What a cutie.

Rose said...

Wow... hard to believe that she's 5 already! She's so cute and big!!! Happy Birthday Kate!

Megan said...

Wow, five? FIVE? Happy Birthday Kate. You are adorable.

Megan said...

Wow, five? FIVE? Happy Birthday Kate. You are adorable.

Brooke said...

Your cake is adorable! Happy Birthday Kate! Five is a big one.