Sunday, June 20, 2010

work, Happy Father's Day, life

I am working 4 days this week, which I am hoping to make it through. I fell down our front porch steps on Friday and tweaked my neck. I'll be fine, but it's annoying to have a sore neck...well, and back b/c that is what I landed on. The steps were wet and I was wearing flip flops. I should have grabbed onto the railing b/c I had that thought right before I went down that I needed to be careful. Well, too late, my feet came out from under me and I landed on the steps. Ouch. My neighbors saw b/c we were just cleaning up from being outside all afternoon. I'm sure it wasn't graceful at all. :O I remember my Mom falling on the ice when she was pregnant, but she fell on her stomach so that was scary. I'm fine other than a sore neck and back.

Happy Father's Day to my own Dad and to Kyle! They both are great father's and I'm grateful for them in my life. My Dad is really such a great Dad. I remember him taking us kids out on the farm with him and he didn't mind all the annoying things we did. He is the most patient man I know! Kyle has been so good with the kids during this last year while he's been home more and I've been working. I know it hasn't been easy for him, but he's such a good dad. The kids will miss him when he goes back to work. We didn't make it over to my parent's house for Father's Day so we stayed here and Marci came up to visit. I made steak and chicken shish kabobs, garlic mashed potatoes, fruit, green salad, rolls (from my Mom- yum), corn on the cob and then 4-layer pudding dessert. Then we played games and had a good time chatting. Kate was so excited to have Marci come visit. She drew her a picture and made sure to have Marci watch her every move.

Last night, we went to a going away party for our Bishop and his family (who we are good friends with). They are leaving for California. It's always sad to see good friends move away. We've had a lot of that lately. We had the party at a park and a lot of people showed up even though it was overcast and kind of chilly. We are still waiting for summer weather to show up. When we got home I was opening up the back door to our suburban and we had tables in the back that we used at the park. Well, as I opened the door a table came crashing down on my ankle/shin area. It hurt so bad! I now have a big bump and bruise. Good thing it didn't break my leg or anything, but I'm sick of getting hurt this weekend!

Kate finished swim lessons last week and after her last session I took her and Preston swimming. That was fun. Now we are officially on summer break...no swim lessons and no preschool. I'm working up until 2 weeks til my due date so I have a few more weeks left of working. We have some family reunions coming up, but I'm thinking this summer will be low key as far as traveling goes. Definitely not low key as far as family goes with a baby coming and all. ha ha. It will be interesting to see how we adjust to another baby in the house. It seems so long ago that we had a baby.

11 Fabulous Comments:

Rose said...

I'm so sorry about you getting hurt! I'm glad that overall, you and baby are fine though!

Brenda said...

Ahh, the equilibrium of a pregnant person. I've been there my friend. Happy Father's Day to Kyle!

Granny DeeAnn said...

It does seem like a long time since we had a baby around. Lindsey will be the perfect one! A few more weeks and we get to meet her. It will be fun to see how Kate and Preston interact. Are we ready or do we still need onesies! Take it easy this week and wear your old lady shoes!!! lol

Sally said...

OUCH! I fell down the stairs too last week! Be careful and hang in there for these last few weeks!

Unknown said...

DAng I didnt know you fell! I hope your ok! That can be scary stuff! I am glad you had a good fathers day! That dinner sounds amazing! IM off to start my three in a row tonight...look at us prego workin ladies!!!

Vicki Sabin said...

I'm sorry you fell! It just goes to show you that Lindsey is already one tough cookie :). Can you believe it's coming so soon!! Can't wait.

marcalicious said...

thanks for the yummy food and fun times!!! you rock!!!!

ericksonzone said...

I can just see you with a cramped neck trying to turn around to see the person talking to you or check your rear view mirror as you back out of the drive. Annoying. I'm glad to hear that you're relatively OK. No one needs extra aches and pains being pregnant. Good luck making it through your last couple weeks of work. You're so close. I want to see a picture of her room. I know she's in with Kate, but have you been able to make her a little space? What colors are you using?

Shar said...

aaah! I'm glad you and baby are okay! i hope you feel better. and that everything goes well in July!

melanie said...

Only two more days of work. I hope you haven't been too sore.

Thanks for the great dinner idea on Father's Day, it was good. Fun to have Marci up for the day.

I can't wait to meet Lindsey!

Chelle said...

Sorry about the fall - but you looked absolutely lovely on Sunday! :) Hang in there... you don't have much longer.