Saturday, June 5, 2010

Swim Lessons



Kate loves her swim lessons. This last picture is typical because she'll look at us a lot and wave and smile. She is like a fish in the water and could stay in for hours. However, when we go to my parent's house she will not go into their pool. She thinks she's going to drown even though she's wearing a life jacket. She can't touch the ground and I think that scares her. So our goal for her is to get more comfortable in my parent's pool. We'll see how she does. I know she'll love it if she just tries it.

4 Fabulous Comments:

Stacey said...

Cute little swimming suit. We just won a bid at our youth auction for 5 swim lessons for Austin. One of the young women will try to teach him. When I told him he did NOT want to go. Yet he's not afraid of the water, just not trusting of others I guess. I want him to at least learn how to stay afloat and get himself to the side since we have the pool in back and it scares me to have him out there without me - even with the pool alarm.

I know he probably won't learn in 5 lessons, but hopefully we can teach him.

Granny DeeAnn said...

It might just be the above ground thing with your parents pool. Maybe they could put in an in-ground pool just for Kate! lol

Brenda said...

WE have the opposite problem here. Carson loves to swim but hates swimming lessons. We took a year off but I'm forcing him back to it this summer. And I loved your last post too. Family reunions are the best. One question though, what on earth is a "spudnut"!?

ericksonzone said...

Yes, it was fun to see you and Kyle. We need our friends to keep getting married. It seems that's the only time we meet up. :)

You looked great! I hope the last little bit goes fast for you. That's so fun that you have a name already picked out. It was cute to hear Kate talk about her new little sister. How are you spelling it?