Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten- kind of

Kate's First Day of Kindergarten was spent like this!

What was supposed to be an exciting morning of getting dressed in a new outfit and going to Kindergarten for the first time turned into a morning of staying at home and not feeling well. Kate threw up last night before Kyle and I went to bed. Then, she threw up several more times throughout the night. So it was a long night between taking care of her and Lindsey. I even woke up this morning not feeling good. Lindsey and I were going to go with Kate to school (they want parents there the first day) while Kyle took Preston to preschool. We planned on coming home after school to a special treat (mini chocolate cupcakes with bright pink frosting and sprinkles). We even went to the back-to-school night at the school last night and had a good time meeing her teacher, seeing her classroom, getting a free book, getting a plastic fireman hat and eating dessert. So maybe tomorrow Kate will be better and she can go to Kindergarten for her "first" day. I will have to take a picture then. I just felt bad that she couldn't go on the first day of school because she has been looking forward to this day ALL summer long asking how much longer until she can go to Kindergarten.


Lindsey was smiling at us last week. She is going cross-eyed in this picture which makes us all laugh.

All dressed up for Church.


10 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

So sad for Kate. :o(
Lindsey looks so cute! :o) Hugs and kisses for all! How did Preston do?

Jeni said...

That is soooo sad!!! What a bummer! Hopefully she can go tomorrow!

Lindsey looks cute in her dress!

Brenda said...

Life just isn't fair sometimes! Feel better soon Kate Nicole!

Sally said...

That is too bad. I hope she has a good day tomorrow. Lindsey's dress is adorable!

ericksonzone said...

Poor Kate! :( We almost had a similar case with Emma. She felt like she was getting a sore throat. WE sent her to school anyway because we wanted her to have that first day experience. Throwing up is a little different though. Darn! I hope she can have her first day tomorrow for sure. Lindsey looks so cute in that dress.

Trina said...

I'm so sorry Kate was sick the first day. I hope her first real day of school is great. Lindsey is so cute and I love the dress she wore for church.

Rose said...

Poor Kate, I hope she is feeling better today!

I love baby smiles, and of course, Lindsey is adorable!

Vicki Sabin said...

I miss you baby Lindsey... Gma v:)

Michelle said...

We've been sick over here too! What the heck?! Bummer Kate missed her first day of school. And I love Lindsey's dress! Did your mom make it?? :)

Stacey said...

What?! That has got to be the worst day to be sick EVER! She must have been devastated. Did she really have a bug or do you think she was just so excited? Probably a bug, but my dad threw up one Christmas Eve when he was little because he was too excited.