Teaching Chelsea selfies when she's young.
Chaperoned a field trip for Preston's class. We went and saw Elves and the Shoemaker in Everett. It was a silly show and the kids laughed a lot.
The kids' school did a PTA activity at the local roller skating rink so we went and took some friends. Lindsey did pretty good for her first time! She found a friend from school there so she skated with her some. Kate is a pretty good skater and had fun with her friends.
Our Christmas decor and tree
Snowflake Lane
Finished the coral pillows for our bedroom. And made a coffee filter wreath for above the bed. Sara gave me that idea and I liked it way better than what I was going to do which was a collage of pictures and artwork from Hobby Lobby...I was overwhelmed with what to do so this was MUCH cheaper and simpler. Except I think I put waaayyy too many filters on mine because it took forever to make it and I used 3 packages when you usually use 2. haha.
For our December Relief Society activity (I'm in charge of planning them, that's my calling still) we went to a local Women and Children's Shelter and did an activity with the kids there. We decorated christmas sugar cookies, read Christmas books, did a Christmas craft and sang Christmas songs. The women and kids liked it as did the women from Church. It was a great thing to do this time of year. We will for sure do something again with them. One of the mom's from the shelter got teary eyed when we started singing Christmas songs. That's when I knew it was all worth it. Oh and another mom said "what a perfect way to end the night."
The kids had their Christmas concert. Here is Kate with a few of her friends.
Lindsey got to decorate gingerbread houses at school so a friends' mom took this picture for me.
Chelsea's friend Mikilah came over for a playdate. They were having fun dressing up and dancing.
I liked our front porch this year because I got these trees on clearance last year after Christmas so I was happy when Kyle helped me set them up and get some lights put up outside on the plants. We didn't have a ladder tall enough to go any higher so maybe next year we will.
A wind storm knocked off this chunk of a branch from one of the trees that hover over our house. It scared us because we were watching TV and then all of a sudden we hear a crack and this huge thing hits the house. I thought for sure the tree went through the roof so I darted upstairs to the girls room, but all was well. Then we went out to the back deck and saw this. Dumb trees.
Chelsea was cracking us up with her mermaid costume and her belly.
Preston got an award so we did this little face painting thing for it. Oh the adventures in scouting. Preston actually didn't want to do it, but others were doing it so he did. Funny kid.
Chelsea had fun in preschool because they got to decorate Christmas trees and then they got these reindeer headbands. So cute!
Our gingerbread house this year
The singles ward does a toy drive and has Santa come visit. We went last year and made sure to go again. Preston was determined to tell Santa that he wanted 3 purple mixels for Christmas. Kate was at basketball practice during this and was fine not seeing Santa so we went without her. They had some activities and treats for the kids to do in the gym.


0 Fabulous Comments:
Post a Comment