Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our latest

Tonight is our ward Halloween Party (it's called Boogly Nights) with food, games and trunk-or-treating. I will probably put on my awesome bowling outfit complete with shoes (not sure if Kyle will again) for the party tonight. Kate is "Dorothy" and I'm going to try and make Preston a scarecrow.

Yesterday was busy, but fun. We went to a friend's house for lunch, made roll-out sugar cookies shaped liked pumpkins, bats and moons then, frosted and decorated them with Darbi and her kids in the afternoon. I also watched a friend's kid in the afternoon (he slept for 3 hours! Where can I get a kid like that?!). That was the easiest babysitting I've ever done. :)

On Wednesday, my parents and sister, Sara, came over to trade in a car and buy a car in Bellevue so they swung up here after buying the car and I had yummy taco salads ready for them. I made the taco shells homemade- so easy and so good. Then my ultra kid friendly Dad (for real- he is so patient!) stayed home with Kate and Preston while my Mom, Sara and I hit the mall. We found lots of great shirts for my Mom and Sara found plenty of things to buy too, of course. After Kyle got off work, we all headed down to Southcenter to meet Marci at Cheesecake Factory to have dinner. My Mom had made these cute pumpkins out of a paper bag and filled them with candy. When she gave Kate one, Kate said, "ohhh" all tenderly and went and showed my Dad and said, "it's so cute!" We thought that was pretty funny how she reacted to it. I'm glad she appreciated it so much. It was a fun day.

5 Fabulous Comments:

Brenda said...

Can't wait to see the kids Halloween costumes, sounds like it was a fun night!

melanie said...

My kids want to go to your ward party every year. They talked about it last year and they've mentioned it again this year. I think that means they had a good time, :).

Fun times with the family. I love Kate's reaction to the pumpkin bag. She is always so sincere. I love that little girl!!

After reading this, I want some Seattle time to hang out with you guys. If only there were no school....and the kids watched themselves, ha!!

marcalicious said...

that's how I reacted to the paper bag treat bag too! funny! Kate & I talk alike.

thanks for the taco shell. It was out of this world delicious!

Stacey said...

Since I'm reading blogs at 9:07 and Austin is still sleeping, I'm thinking that maybe he's going through a growth spurt to be sleeping this much. Thanks again for watching him.

And I'll have to get that taco shell recipe from you. I've never made homemade taco shells.

The Sobotta Fam said...

I love your bowling outfits! Eric and I (mav, too) have a party on Thurs. to go to. I wasn't going to dress up, but you've inspired me. I'm on the hunt for some costumes! Your kids are cute! One of these days I hope to meet them!