We are so not the type of people to dress up for Halloween, but we were invited to a couples Halloween party and decided to be brave and dress up- gasp! Kyle's work has put on two bowling tournaments in the past couple of years and has made bowling shirts for each team. He has 2 lovely bowling shirts now in his closet and we decided to put them to good use again and be bowlers for the party. I really wanted to find bowling shoes to complete the ensemble so I thought of asking bowling alleys if they had any old shoes they were going to throw away or are needing to get rid of. After calling three different bowling alleys, the last one I called I talked to a lady who was SO nice and said "oh yeah, we can definitely find you some. What sizes did you need?" She was so giving and super friendly about it while the other places were "no we don't have any old shoes" and "I'll have to see, we are getting new shoes in and will be throwing out some old one's, but I don't know..." Needless to say I was excited with this lady who was so willing to help me out! She didn't even charge me. Our costume was complete now! We put a fake mustache on Kyle and slicked his hair down. He looked so funny and I couldn't stop laughing and if he rubbed or itched his nose he would smear the black eyeliner. We were both cracking up. I put my hair in pigtails and put my wrist brace on that I have for when I get tendonitis. People at the party were like "what did you do to your wrist?" And I said, "oh, I'm protecting my bowling hand." I'm such a good actor. (HA!) It was fun to go to the party to see everyone else that dressed up. Some people are so creative with their costumes. It was a good night out with good food and good friends.


14 Fabulous Comments:
That is so fun that you dressed up. I never do anymore, but it sounds like you had fun. I like your costumes and that is hilarious about Kyle's mustache! Great job with the costumes!
I am DYING of laughter right now!! Those are the best costumes. I love the shoe story, you are so resourceful Heidi! I wish the photo would blow up, I want to see these costumes close up!! Seriously, good job on dressing up, we are so not the type to love a party like that either. You should do it again when you take the kids around on Halloween. Get some good use out of your free shoes, ha!!
Oh and your acting skills cracked me up too. This was the perfect post before I shut off the computer, I needed a good laugh. The post surgery day had us all wiped out and grumpy!!
Ha! My son in a costume? I don't think he's worn a costume since ET! Looks like you were having fun. I went to a party tonight too and we carved the fake pumpkins. (Just not the same.) Laughed a lot and had good food! Maybe the laughter will get us through the next few years!!!
They were good costumes. The Shoe story was the best. Now you can take your own shoes whenever you go bowling. "} The wrist protector was a great touch and the mustache was very real looking (hehehe).
I'm glad I went to your blog to post a comment because then I could see your cute backdrop! You both looked like professional bowlers. I'm glad you guys do things as couples - I think I'm going to plan a party too - when I have time...
Good job finally getting the shoes. I think the costumes were a great idea.
That is so hilarious! And the fact that you found shoes to go with the whole outfit - great! we do not dress up for Halloween, but how fun that you were daring and went for it. Too funny!
That is great Heidi! I love it. I'm not much into dressing up either, but that would be something even I would do.
You have NO IDEA how much I love you for this! Way to go getting Kyle to dress up too! I keep razzing him that he should re-enact it here on Halloween, but no go. He's not caving. I even told him he doesn't need to put on the makeup, just the shirt and shoes will do! He keeps laughing at me. Not WITH me, but AT me. It's not nice. Maybe you could work on him for me?? lol! And can I just say, how adorable your pigtails are! Way to go! I heart halloween!
You guys looked awesome that night and I've got to give you props for dressing up so well! I especially loved the story about the free bowling shoes.
So, Dave's sister and her husband just moved into the Greenwood Ward a couple months ago. That Sunday, my sister-in-law warned me that there was a lady that would lay her arm on the lap of the person sitting next to her, telling them to her itch her arm. On that day, the person sitting next to her happened to be brand new to the ward - but filled the woman's request. Interesting ward! :)
Oh, Kyle! That mustache is creepy! You guys look great! I remember Kyle as an Ewok one year. I wonder where the Wicket costume is now?
Oh my goodness i love it!! Those are great costumes! you are so creative finding the accessories for your costume! Sounds like a great night!
I love that you got real bowling shoes. So awesome!
Post a Comment