Monday, October 6, 2008

Football Game, House Painting and Birthdays

We went to my parent's house this weekend. It was a lot of fun. Here are some highlights.




FRIDAY: Watched Jared's high school football game in the pouring rain and they won!, eating tri-tip steak dinner at the game which was oh so good. Seeing all my brothers and sisters.


SATURDAY: Painting Kyle's grandmas house from an ugly blue (right family?!) to a much nicer tan with white trim. The neighbors are already thanking us! :) (We had resided it this summer so we are now just painting it and it's still not done in the back, but from the road it looks great.) Making cupcakes to celebrate Preston's soon to be first birthday. Getting my hair cut by Melanie, eating Cafe Rio pork for dinner- yum and making adorable cards at the girls' only stamp camp with my sisters and soon to be sister-in-law.




Kyle taking one for the team and painting from the roof!



Preston and Reed chillin' in the grass

Preston's sport ball cupcakes. I found the idea off the internet and I thought they were so cute.



Preston devouring his cupcake, love the squished frosting between his fingers.

My Mom's barn cake she made to celebrate Aubree and Preston's birthdays this week (we have 4 birthdays within 6 days- 2 are on the same day!) My Mom had farm themed games for the kids to play. It was her little party for the kiddos.

SUNDAY: Watching General Conference, watching Preston open presents, going for a walk and visiting with neighbors and celebrating Sara's 19th birthday!

6 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Busy, fun, family weekend. Almost my favorite thing to do! I like flossing my teeth the most! tee, hee. I can't believe P Dawg is 1.
Now two B-Days in November, along with Thanksgiving, and two B-Days in December along with Christmas. Not to brag or anything but dang I have a lot of Fall birthdays!!!!! I will take donations for the upcoming events if anyone is interested!!!!!!! J/K

melanie said...

Oh yes it was an ugly blue. Hideous is a good word too! Aren't you glad it's done?!! Well at least done from the road, ha.

The stamp camp sounds fun. One of these days I'm inviting myself so I can have some cute cards!

So many birthdays! Love the barn cake. Thanks Vicki for letting the Bushman kids crash the farmer's party. They loved it.

Buttercupyaya said...

Geez, girl, slow down. you're making the rest of us look bad. :) just kidding. Seriously though, could you be any busier??

Happy Birthday Preston! How did Kate do? Was she cool with a birthday party that was not for her?

I love the cupcakes. Very nice job! and the barn cake is to die for.

Following note is for Kyle, I'm sure you'll pass it along for me: Can I print and hang the painting picture on the office wall so we can prove he really does work?
(again, just kidding!)

done with my novel. geez, Dana, long winded much?

xoxo D

An Ordinary Mom said...

I can't believe Preston is already one! Happy Birthday little guy.

And those cakes and cupcakes are amazing. Your family, including you, is very talented!

ericksonzone said...

How fun! I'm sad that I missed the game. I heard it was really good. Your cupcakes are cute. And the barn cake is awesome - way to go Grandma Vicki. I'm sure the kids just absolutely loved it. Happy Birthday Preston!

Brooke said...

Those are cute sporty cupcakes. Happy birthday Preston! I also heat the eyelash curler with the blow dryer.:)