Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We're Not in Kansas Anymore!

Here are the kiddos in their Halloween costumes. Let's just say it was crazy on Saturday. Kyle left around 3:30 to go set up the Spook House at the Church and wouldn't be back home (the ward halloween party started at 5 pm) and so I had to get both kids ready on my own. I had no idea how I would do Preston as a scarecrow so I made it up as I went. He screamed the entire time I was stapling raffia to his clothes. Then he coughed, gagged and threw up on his overalls. Totally stressful for me. Then I forgot about the cornbread cooking in the oven and raced downstairs to pull it out, luckily it wasn't too overdone. I loaded the kids up, the food, the candy, the hula hoops (for a game) and the prizes. We made it and Preston was super good the rest of the night and didn't even pull at the raffia until right before we were leaving. He even left his hat on- miracle!


Kate and her friend Alyssa. There was black wig hair wrapped around that carmel apple sucker of Kate's. DISGUSTING!

Jackson (munchkin), Preston (scarecrow) and Dallin (monkey)- the three boys born last October.

I love this picture of them checking each other out. My friend, Jeanne, handmade those munchkin shoes!!! Impressive. (Jeanne was Dorothy too!)

12 Fabulous Comments:

Jeni said...

Cute costumes! I love Kate's black hair!

Unknown said...

So cute! You did a good job making up the scarecrow!

Sally said...

So cute! You did a good job making up the scarecrow!

Carolyn said...

Kate looks so much like kyle. Love the costumes.

Heidi said...

you are so creative. I love the scarecrow idea! I glad you had such a good time at your grandpas birthday party. He looks like a really nice man.

Granny DeeAnn said...

I miss Dorthy and the Scarecrow. Can they come to Kansas trick or treating at thd bad witches house? I will babysit for free on date nights! They are so, so adorable. What can I say! XOXOXOXO

wandering nana said...

I never did see Preston. The costumes turned out so cute... and Dorothy is so cute.

melanie said...

Oh my, the costumes are adorable!! Kate look so happy eating the hairy sucker and I can't believe Preston didn't take the hat off. I cracked up over the raffia stapling. I did that 4 years ago and it was the same thing. Halloween ends up stressful for me every year, rushing to get their costumes on, leaving the house. And who really cares. I'm trying to 'let it go' this year and stay calm. I've already started my mantra, ha ha.

Our stake carnival is tomorrow night then Friday Halloween. Can't wait for it all to be over. Hopefully there will be some cute photos.

Grossarths said...

I wanted to get a picture with Kate since we were both Dorthy! Maybe I'll have to dress up again!

Megan said...

That is some serious cuteness right there!

Heather said...

Very cute kids, Heidi! But did you have to dress them up twice? Our ward party was Halloween and I can't imagine having to do costumes more than the one time. Kate looks so grown up, too.

Shaila Lou said...

That picture of Preston the scarecrow crying is priceless! So stinkin' cute!

Love the bowling costumes as well. That's hilarious, especially since you got the bowling shoes!