Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall, Pain and Pictures

It's really October again?! September flew by for us. October means fall, birthdays, general conference, halloween, pumpkin baked goods, coats, football and warm clothes. Sounds good to me! We have already discussed halloween costumes; Kate a ballerina (easy, she can wear her ballet recital costume and it fits her perfectly, I wouldn't let her be a princess because she would be that every year!), Preston will either be Thomas or Buzz Lightyear (costumes I got on clearance last year) and Lindsey will be a ladybug (a new costume I just bought on sale at Fred Meyer's). That's a relief to me since coming up with costumes can be sometimes tricky and I don't want to spend too much money on them. I've seen all these cute crafts and food ideas that I want to try...pinterest and blogs are so bad! So many good ideas, now I just need to do them!

A few weeks ago, I was having some neck pain with some upper back pain (this isn't new to me), but once I tweak my neck (I think it's my trapezius muscle) I can barely move my head and it's rather annoying. I feel bad for people with chronic pain because I would not be happy and wouldn't want to do anything. Uggh! After a couple days, it usually goes away. I messed up my right side first then a couple weeks later I was doing pushups and mountain climbers (doing a HIIT workout in my garage) and messed up my left side! I went to a chiropractor for my first time (I compare it to popping your knuckles, but it's your back and neck, it didn't necessarily fix the problem, but at least I crossed that off my list to check into because I was told my neck might be out of alignment- it's not). My old massage therapist doesn't take my insurance so I had to go to a doctor to get a referral to a massage therapist. I finally got an appointment for last week (3 week process just to get a massage!). I show up for the appointment a few minutes late because I couldn't find the office and she wasn't answering her phone. I walk inside and it's a nasty hallway with doors with numbers above the doors. It stinks and is in a sketchy strip mall. This lady walks out of a room and tells me she double booked me with this guy (ewww) and so she can't see me today. Why didn't she call me so I could schedule with someone else? She was so unprofessional so I told her I would not be coming back and left. It was nasty! I called my insurance and complained about her. I was sad not to get my massage, but we went to my parent's house over Conference Weekend and Sara and Marci both gave me massages so I will be okay until I get one next week. Yes!

After 3 years, we finally got our family pictures taken this weekend (I will post them soon). Melanie took them and I think we got some good one's even with Preston not cooperating, well until Nathan entertained him with pretending to stab himself and fall to the floor. Lindsey found that funny too. Haha! Whatever it takes!

1 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

OK I have a visual, now I need pictures. Can't wait for the cute little goblins. Mel told me about Nathan and his entertaining. Family pictures are so hard, but worth it in the end. Hope you got some good ones for me! :0)Hope your pain has left for good. Bad thunder and lightning right now! Scary.......