Thursday, October 6, 2011

Preston is 4!!!

Happy 4th Birthday Preston!


I did a Lightning McQueen theme for his birthday this year. I found this car cake online and it had a blog/tutorial to go with it so I decided to be brave and try working with fondant for my first time. There were some mistakes, but overall I was happy with it and Preston loved it. So did the other boys, it was fun to see their reactions. My Mom came over for the day. She was a huge help at the party. The kids loved seeing her and I was thankful she drove all that way to visit us.


Preston got his own boy bike. When we gave it to him he said "thank you". It was so cute.



I took cupcakes into Preston's preschool class and the kids sang happy birthday to him. I always like to see him in his classroom setting to see how he does. His teacher said he is doing great.




Playing pin the smile onto McQueen, some kids could see through the material so they were extra good at the game. haha. We also had a Piston Cup-car race, Luigi & Guido- tire stacking with donuts and "Lightning McQueen must be found at all cost"-hide-n-seek with Lightning car. Preston invited Dallin Owens, Max George, Jaxson Valentine, Wilson Giles, Weston Cutler and Henry Thompson. All these boys are from his sunbeam class at Church, lots of boys!


Playing red light/green light, they loved it




My Mom was my secretary/assistant/photographer. Everyone should have someone like her at their kids' party! She took this picture and I thought it was cute of all the kids.


Poor McQueen...


Playing with all the new birthday toys...it was a fun party for Preston. He was good + the kids were all good = Success!

6 Fabulous Comments:

Jeni said...

Cute cake!! Fondant isn't that bad is it? Sounds like a fun day! And yes you do need multiple assistants at parties- like Aubree's!! :)

Stephanie said...

Awesome job with the cake! I've always wanted to try fondant. Looks like such a fun party. Happy birthday, Preston!

Stacey said...

That cake is amazing! And I don't know why it is, but life goes on and I think Preston should still be 2. Such a little boy.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love the pictures of the party. I can't believe how brave you are to have 7 4year olds at a B'Day party. Preston looks so happy. He was so cute when I face-timed him. I'm glad your mom could help. :0)

melanie said...

What a cute party! One that definitely needed an assistant/documenter. Great job Vicki! 2007 must have been a boy year because Reed's class is mostly boys too.

So cute on his new bike!

Vicki Sabin said...

It was a privilege to be at Preston's party and witness all the festivities first-hand. He had such a good day. He enjoyed every minute. It was fun to watch him open gifts, ooh and aah over his cake, play games with his friends and blow out his candle. Fun memories! Happy Birthday Preston!!!