Sunday, October 30, 2011

Zoo and Pumpkin Farm, Oh my!

Saturday was our "cram everything into one day" day. Our zoo membership expires on Monday and I'm not renewing it right now so I wanted to go there before it ended. Then, this is our last weekend to go to a pumpkin farm and have some fun. The kids really wanted to do both so we did! We went to the zoo in the morning, then home for naps and then the pumpkin farm in the afternoon. It was actually a pretty nice day, the kids were good and we had fun.


Everything so thrilled waiting for the giraffes to cross the pathway. Can you tell Kyle was the most excited?! ha!


Kate had to climb this and get a picture. Funny thing is is that I didn't take any pictures of the animals this time. oh well. We did watch a elephant get a bath. The worker sprayed him down while the elephant layed down, put up his feet and turned around. It was pretty cool to watch.

Our next place...The Farm in Snohomish. We were going to try our a new pumpkin patch, but decided to stick with what we know and we knew the kids liked it. We are SO glad we did. It only cost $10 for all of us to do everything we wanted to do! Last year when we came we had a free voucher for our family so we didn't have to pay. So I was expecting to pay a little more based on what the website said, but the children's playground fee included everything. Sweet! We even got to watch a pig performance (their rendition of the 3 little pigs, but with a pig for the big bad wolf) and a duck race. They have tube slides, sand pit, a hay jump place, animals, yummy food- we got kettle corn and a free caramel apple (I went to buy one at the end and they had already taken their tills away so they just gave it to me for free!!! It was so good!)


They have this 2 story hay maze in an old barn and then they come down a slide at the end.


Weeee!


Horse swings


Corn pit- actually felt good to walk on. Some guy lost his cell phone in it while we were there. (P.S. I cut Kyle's hair for the first time today during nap time! Big ordeal when he was lucky enough to have Melanie the awesome hair dresser as a sister. He said "it's probably just as good as Great Clips so thanks." He goes to Great Clips when he doesn't see Melanie. haha!)


This was perfect because it kept her in one place- it was hard for her to move around. haha!


Corn Angel


Cow Train- Lindsey rode with Kate and the kids liked it. They went for 2 rides. My Dad and brothers need to rig something up like this for Boulder Resort!




4 Fabulous Comments:

marcalicious said...

I like the random lady in the cow train w/ your kidlets. ha ha.

ericksonzone said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I rarely cut Jason's hair because he has some crazy cowlicks. I feel bad that we have to pay for it, but it's worth it for him to look good. Way to go on cutting Kyle's.

melanie said...

We do not have such awesome (and cheap) pumpkin patches over here. I'm always jealous, this one looks great!

That haircut looks better than Great Clips. Really, a straight sideburn and no long chunk in front. Good job!!

melanie said...

Oh I just noticed the coat on Kate! Cute girl, growing so fast.