Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Way It Is Here

This is how I get stuff done...


I put the baby gate up so Lindsey can't get into the kitchen or office. If I didn't do this she would be getting into all the office stuff and then getting into all the kitchen stuff. Then, I would be spending more time cleaning up after her or chasing her down with markers in her hands or the computer mouse in her hand. So I put the gate up and then quickly clean up, unload the dishwasher and do dishes before taking it down. She is happy in the picture only because she hams it up for the camera...really she hates it when I put the gate up and she whines and cries.


I gave Lindsey a rice krispie treat thinking she would love it, well she didn't eat it, but decided to play with it then pat her hair with her hands. It was a mess, but funny. She went straight to the bathtub.


Lindsey LOVES going outside. Whenever the door is opened she bolts for the door. She knows how to go down stairs now so I can't let her just wander around on the front porch anymore. She goes down the steps and runs off.


Trying to get her to play with some toys instead of getting into my cupboards in the kitchen and/or bugging Preston and taking his trains.


"Peek a boo! I'm behind the camera!"


7 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

What a cutie pa-tootie! Way too busy for an old grandma like me. I will need one of those gates for sure. Thanks for the update! Tell Kate to get dressed the next time. lol

melanie said...

One year old babies are hard!! Reed drove me crazy with his messes at that age. I do have to say though, peek a boo behind the camera is my absolute favorite. Adorable!!!

Vicki Sabin said...

Lindsey - I'll come play with you! You make me laugh (and smile). Peek a Boo!!!

Sabin Family said...

That's exactly how we get things done at our house. Gotta love the baby gate! Lindsey is so adorable! Love all of the pictures!

Sara said...

Lindsey Lou Who!!! I see you!!!! I think she misses me, ohh but wait!! I will see her in 4 days .... not that I'm counting or anything :)

Matt and Dani said...

Oh we miss you guys! She's gonna be talking so much when we come to visit!!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Our new house doesn't have a way to put a baby gate up as fab as this...how great! It's the ONLY way to get stuff done...and I'm surprised the gate doesn't come with a crying kid on it, cause I've never seen mine up without a child behind it screaming...but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :) Great cake btw! :)