Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had a nice relaxing New Year's Eve. We slept in and lounged around in pj's for a while then decided to go eat at Ivar's Landing restaurant and see the water in Mukilteo. Dee Ann was excited to eat some yummy fish while visiting here. I'm still salivating over the delicious creamy clam chowder and warm sourdough rolls. Mmmmm. Kate was entertained by the seagulls that were perched out the restaurant window.

Brrrr... It was cold out near the water.

After lunch we went home so the kids could take naps and then went bowling. Kate has gone once before and loved it. We only did one game, but that was enough for her attention span. I have to say I bowled my best game ever of 177!!! I was excited. Kate would look down the chute to watch for her ball to come back and once it did it would scare her. I have to admit that we wore our bowling shoes that we acquired for our Halloween costumes. They worked great and saved us $7. :)

They had arcade games at the bowling alley and Preston loved moving the steering wheel and pushing buttons. Cheap entertainment. ;) Kyle and I played a game of air hockey.

Holding her 9 lb bowling ball.

4 Fabulous Comments:

Kahana said...

Thats impressive she can hold that ball! Looks like a lot of fun, how cool is it she likes to bowl! The picture of her going for a ride in the snow looks so fun!

Granny DeeAnn said...

I really didn't bowl cause I knew Kate would beat me. And yes, she would have! Ha
My favorite part of the Seattle trip was watching the kidos when you worked. Oh and that 'mush' is disgusting!!!

melanie said...

Kate is so cute with her 9 lb ball. I'd bet on her if she played against my mom. She's got more endurance, ha!

I love the cheap entertainment. My kids go for that kind too cause they know I never have quarters and I'm going to keep it that way!

Jealous of the Ivar's.....yum, yum.

Kati said...

177 - I was totally thinking it must be the shoes! :)

How brilliant to get free bowling shoes to save money! I'll have to try that next Halloween . . .