Kyle got a new calling at church as the Gospel Doctrine teacher for Sunday school. He's a bit nervous. :) He teaches twice a month and tomorrow is his first time. My Mom had this calling a few years ago before she started teaching seminary and my younger brothers and sister wanted her to get released because she would always quote scriptures to them. Well, the other day Kyle started to quote a scripture to me about some day-to-day thing and so I had to laugh. It reminded me of the joke with my Mom and how she used to do that! It must be something with that calling. HA!
This is a face when he whines and wants me! You can see a fresh wound by his left eye. One of many to come, I'm sure. I cut his hair on my own the other day and I think it turned out pretty good. It's a good thing he's so blonde b/c it hides mistakes well. He actually sit still during the hair cut. He would cry every time I turned off the clippers to change the guard. You'd think he would cry when I turned the clippers on!
Kate wanted a picture taken of her! This is her ultimate cheesy smile. Her latest thing is talking about wanting to go to Disneyland to give all the princesses a hug.
These are some magnets I have been making today. (The picture is sideways for some reason and they are on my old metal pan- it looks gross. :)) They were so easy and fun to make. I bought all the stuff to make them a couple years ago to do with my family, but we never did them. So just the other day I pulled the stuff out and started making some. On the fridge, they look much cuter than just a regular magnet.
All you do is use a clear gem stone thing (I bought them at Target) and glue (you want to use a clear glue, I used a dimensional magic glue) on a cute piece of paper to the back. You want to place glue on the flat part of the gem, put the paper on and then put glue on the back of the paper as well and smear the glue around with your finger to cover the paper and seal the edges. Let it dry and hot glue a round magnet to the back. Done! You should make some.
11 Fabulous Comments:
I want to go with Kate and hug the princesses. She makes going to Disneyland sound fun! And your magnets are darling. I want to do some for my seminary kiddos.
Haha i love the cheesy grin! Too cute. You are so crafty! The magnets are so cute.
The magnets turned out cute. I know who you are going to send some too! :-)
Cute magnets. Trina did some a while back with those clear stones and put pictures of her kids underneath and gave them to my mom. Way cute!
I was going to ask you how Kyle felt about his new calling. I personally think that may be the scariest calling ever! He'll do great, I'm sure.
Nice job! They did turn out cute.
Love the magnets. Kyle did a great job teaching. I must admit, I really do miss the little ones. Call me if you get in a bind. I had to postpone my trip until March. Still trying to figure how I can work and do the things for my family that I need to.
my fav is the black & white swirls!!! I would like 3 dozen of them please.
and kate's pix...so not attractive. She needs to work on her posing. I guess I will have to help her out on that...
I went on a magnet making craze a couple years ago. Now I want to get them out again and get some cute, new paper. Good job!
Oh Disneyland. I hope we're hugging princesses sometime in the next 12 months!
I'm dead serious when I say that calling scares the you. know. what. out of me. Good job Kyle. Love that he's a quoter now. I can totally see it.
Your magnets are so cute. I like making those. Preston looks so much older in that picture. Maybe it's the haircut. :) You have such cute kids! And that is pretty funny about Kate and the camera.
Cute magnets! My sister-in-law made me some for Christmas and I have wanted to make some more. Maybe you will be my inspiration. And Todd said that Kyle did awesome teaching Gospel Doctrine.
Post a Comment