Sunday, January 4, 2009

Reception, Baptism and now Home

Well, we made it over the pass last week. I was getting worried because all passes to Eastern Washington were closed most of the day last Thursday. Snoqualmie finally opened at 8 pm on Thursday, but the kiddos were in bed so we left early the next morning. We had Jeff's reception Friday night and then on Saturday we had Kathryn's baptism in Moses Lake. We left after the baptism to come back. We almost got stopped coming over Snoqualmie for avalanche control, but thankfully we didn't and made it home in decent time. I didn't want to get stranded on the mountain waiting for the pass to open. We had fun though in our 2 short days over there. It's nice to be home, but I have A LOT of organizing and laundry to do.
Kate "tuving" behind the four wheeler. She loved it and while tubing she would pick up snow and eat it like it was a leisurely ride or something.

With Kathryn at her baptism. She looked beautiful in her dress and Melanie did a good job on her hair b/c it looked just as good after the baptism. There were LOTS of people at her baptism. She definitely had a lot of family support which was so nice to have.

Preston being goofy at the reception. He drooled red punch on his shirt and spilled a plate of won ton sauce all over his sleeve. He was a mess by the end of the night. Thank goodness for bleach.

Here are some pictures of Jeff and Sadie's reception (or open house, whatever you call it for the boy). The table when you first walked in. Then the food table in the distance.

The view when you walk into the room. My Mom did a good job decorating it. Jeni helped her and she borrowed a lot of things, but it turned out to be really warm and cozy. The gazebo was really pretty and I loved the ambience of the low lights. The food was yummy. Since it was a 5:00 reception my Mom served food and dessert. She made won tons (550 of them!), kalotches (roll dough wrapped around a little smoky sausage- 250 of those!), tortilla pinwheels, veggie tray, lots of chocolate covered almonds, cashews and peanuts, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and cranberry juice mixed with pop punch. It was yummy. It was fun to see family and friends. I am lucky to have grown up in such a nice community. There were so many people that helped out. It was a fun evening.

7 Fabulous Comments:

ericksonzone said...

I love the picture with your niece where Preston is covering his face. So cute! Oh, and I love the one of Preston being goofy - Paul is in the background. :) It was so fun to see you and your family. I love you all. I had so much fun visiting. My mom said as we were leaving, "Aren't you glad Jason didn't come?" He wouldn't have let me visit that long. Ha!

Buttercupyaya said...

Yay! I was anxiously awaiting this post wondering if you all made it or not. I am relieved that you did and pleased as cranberry/soda punch that you had such a great time. :)
D

Sally said...

Wow Heidi - what a busy time for you, I'm tired after reading all of your blogs from the past few weeks. It was fun to see you!

wandering nana said...

Wow, what a busy weekend. I was surprised to see you all at church on Sunday. I love the pictures. Such cute kids.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Fun, fun, and more fun. Thanks

melanie said...

I'm so glad you guys are so brave when it comes to the roads. For you, it's family or bust. I'm afraid I'd bust, ha ha.

Thanks so much for staying after such a long two weeks. You guys are awesome.

I LOVE Preston playing peekaboo. So dang cute.

Kati said...

Wow, nice job Vicki! It does look beautiful.