Friday, January 9, 2009

One of Those Days

It was one of those days yesterday. You know, the one where your 3 1/2 yr old tries washing her brother's hair with bathroom cleaner and a sponge. A day where your 3 1/2 yr old will not take a nap and only has a short "rest time". A day where your 3 1/2 yr old rips the flaps out of an adorable flip-up book meant for her brother. A day where a 3 1/2 yr old threw tantrums and was defiant to any instructions. Yeah, it was one of those days.

12 Fabulous Comments:

Heather said...

Oh, don't you love it!

Jeni said...

Wow! She was on a roll!

Stacey said...

I'm seeing a trend. Something along the lines of 3 1/2 year old. I thought those days were supposed to end with the terrible twos?

Shaila Lou said...

Oh, I hate those days. Especially the nap. If they have a nap, at least you get a break!

melanie said...

Oh dear Kate! I felt like I was having a day yesterday but not once I read a list like this. Sorry! Great documentation one day for when her 3 1/2 yr old does it to her! Then you get the last laugh....until then....hang in there!

Oh and was she extra sweet and obedient today?

An Ordinary Mom said...

Uggh. So sorry. I feel like it has been one of those years ... three and four year olds I tell you.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Oh no....... Not one of those days! I'm sure it was hard on Preston too. Maybe you could remind her that someday he will be 3 1/2. Payback is very hard for some of us! Here's to better tomorrows! Thank goodness she's almost 4! :o)

ericksonzone said...

Oh yes! We've seen some days like that. I don't know if we've had quite so many in the same day though. Wow! The things they think of when they get their hands on stuff. Paul is probably our little terrorizer. The other day puffed a whole bottle of baby powder onto his train table. Good thing it was just the travel size bottle.

Stephanie said...

Grrr. I hate those days. Sounds like she was on a roll. Drives me crazy! The joys of parenting!

wandering nana said...

Oh come on, sweet little Kate? How much sugar has she had.... just kidding. Hopefully she will get done with this and become the sweetie she usually is. "}

Buttercupyaya said...

If it's any consolation...the Girl's 3's were WAY worse than 2's. My aunt calls them Terrifying Threes. In this case, it may apply to you as well. Sorry! I'll put an APB out on your sanity whenever you tell me you want to find it again. I suggest waiting until she is 6, though 7-10 aren't making me jump for joy either.

All of this said...we do love our kids, even in the rough patches...however often they can be.
D

Brenda said...

I can honestly say, I feel your pain! Hope the next few days are better:)