Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stuck on the West Side

I don't mind snow. I actually like having different seasons to enjoy so I like living where I do. However, I am not liking the snow today. We got up this morning and I was hurrying and getting ready and packing bags when Kyle comes up to tell me there's no rush because the pass is closed. Great... We wait a couple of hours and consider going over another mountain pass that is supposed to open around noon, but then find out that it is closed indefinitely as well. There was a storm that went through the mountains last night and I guess we should have left yesterday. We are heading over to my parent's house because Jeff and Sadie's reception is Friday night and my niece is getting baptized Saturday night. We also have Dee Ann, my mother-in-law, here visiting with us and she needs to get back over there because she flies out of Tri-Cities on Sunday. She's from Las Vegas so she's not liking the snow either, but I don't think she has ever liked it. HA! :) So...we are waiting and hoping that tomorrow we can make it over to my parents. We shall see if the pass opens... I don't really want to drive down to Portland and around that way. That would take forever.

7 Fabulous Comments:

Buttercupyaya said...

Oh, YUCK!
I am not a snow fan, so I feel the friend from Vegas...but when it makes everything a clusterwhat then it's that much more unbearable. :( I hope you guys are able to get around soon...yikes.
Dana

ericksonzone said...

Holy Cow! Here I was anticipating seeing you at the reception tomorrow and you may not even be there. How yucky! I do not care for the snow.

Granny DeeAnn said...

So right Heidi! I so MAD! No I do not like the snow! I love see being with my grandkids........ but maybe in August! Ha

Grossarths said...

Ah man! When we were watching the news yesterday, we were wondering if you guys had made it across. Sorry to hear that. Let us know if you can make it across today! Drive safe!

Stacey said...

Hopefully you made it today. It looks like they may have opened the pass. Snow is no fun if you can't just stay inside and roast by the fire!

wandering nana said...

I saw that the pass opened so I'm sure you are on your way. Now, hopefully you will get back. I keep wondering if we'll ever make it home for Christmas as even flying isn't a guarantee.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Yes, the snow is getting very old.